Saturday, February 26

the force is not with me

I'm afraid my time as an adrenaline junkie is up.

I used to be able to go on daredevil funfair rides, one after the after, with zero ill effects. In fact, I did a story in which I rated all the rides at the UK Funfair when it first came to town a couple of years back. It was the most fun I've ever had on the job, plus my ed was super impressed that I was totally not afraid.

So when I heard at the beginning of the month that the funfair was back, I was super excited!!!!!!!

We finally went late last night.

First stop was the Air Force One, sort of like a revolving Viking. Wheeeeeeee!

Then it was bump and grind on the Takada, sort of like sitting on the rim of a giant frying pan without a seat belt. Wheeeeeeeeeeee!

Third stop was the scariest -- and most expensive at $15 -- ride known as G Force, which basically spun you from great heights and great force, hence the name. It was 2-1/2 minutes of screaming and pure adrenaline rush.

Very proud of myself for letting go of my death grip on the safety bars and even rallying the stranger next to me to do the same. Wheeeeeeeeeee!

But it was a huge mistake to immediately board the Air Force One for the second time.

As we were hurled and twirled around for the final revolution, I experienced motion sickness for the first time in my life. No wheeeeeeeee...

I hate to admit it, but I am no longer a spring chicken. There was a sick sensation in my stomach that stayed with me for the next hour or so.

But the next morning, even though I had bruises on my elbows and my biceps/triceps/cordyceps ached from holding on so tightly, I was raring to go again. Wheeeeeeeee!

1 comment:

Manic Mummy said...

I told you so. Old already is like that one. Just like how I have to squint very hard to write this now. *need to go and make old-flower-spectacles*