Sunday, January 10

#8 & #13

For the past six months or so, I've been religiously following the face-slimming massage that I learnt from this video (thanks, MS!)

I wasn't all that sure the five-minute routine was working, though, and was already slacking off on mornings when I was short of time (which happened on a near-daily basis).

Then, a couple of days ago, I met someone whom I had not seen since I started doing the face massage. This was how the conversation went:

FRIEND: You look different!
ME: I'm growing my hair long.
FRIEND: No, it's something else.
ME: Errr, I permed it too.
FRIEND: [Still staring intently at me] Did you lose weight?
ME: I wish lor. Don't have lah.
FRIEND: I know! Your face is slimmer!

In addition to anecdotal evidence of a less fishbally face, I also have inconclusive photographic evidence. (Warning: Scary photos coming up.)


June 19, 2009


July 17, 2009


August 22, 2009


October 10, 2009


November 10, 2009


December 9, 2009

The inconsistent camera angles do not help, I know, in a proper scientific evaluation. And you probably need vernier callipers to measure the minute reduction.

Okay, so anyway, a slimmer face does not equate glowing skin, which was what I set out to achieve in #8 on the list. But what I meant with that was basically to take better care of my skin, which I think I achieved.

I'm still trying to achieve the glowy part, which is why, about a month ago, I bought a Clarisonic skincare brush. In part, I was swayed by this rave review (as well as the literally hundreds on various beauty websites).

It's been less than a month and the jury (ie. me and my sis, we share one device with a brush head each) is still out, though we agree that the skin feels softer, moisturisers seem to absorb better and make-up goes on more smoothly.

I'm not glowing like the moon yet, but I'm going to give it a few more months to slough off all those years of dead skin.

And as for #13, well, my hair looks pretty much the same length in the last photo above, no?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

你师父说,你下巴尖了,脸型轮廓分明,有立体感。

Manic Mummy said...

hello, your series of photos here looks like the one i took when i was trying to evaluate my droopy face.