Friday, January 1

apple of my eye



The countdown has begun.

On my trip, I will:

-- Wear things I never get to in Singapore: woolly hats, scarves, winter coats, furry ear muffs, pink wigs, etc.
-- Not complain about the cold.
-- Eat lots of peanut butter bonbons from Vosges without considering the cost of airfreight.
-- Buy everything I like from the Moma store without qualms.
-- Actually visit the Moma (and not just the gift shop).
-- Eat many burgers: Shake Shack, Burger Joint and that tiny burger that I forget the name of.
-- Make a snow angel. And snow man. And snow woman. And snow doggie.
-- Walk the whole way across the Brooklyn Bridge this time and not be overtaken by old ladies with those walking stick-portable chair combos.
-- Go ice-skating.
-- Take lots of photos.
-- Sneak into a lecture at NYU.
-- Share the best steak in the world (Peter Luger) with someone or two (only because there is no way I can finish it on my own).
-- Eat Sylvia's chicken with bare hands.
-- Stay one night at the Chelsea Hotel (or maybe not. I'm scared of ghosts).
-- Drink gallons of soup from the Soup Nazi.
-- Do that Sally thing at Katz's Deli.
-- Visit High Line park and Dumbo and pretend to be one of those arty farty types.
-- Revisit Coney Island (even though I know it is now a shell of its former self).
-- Two words: Krispy Kreme. Another two words: Hot now!
-- Document all the food I eat, which will be a lot, just based on the items on this list.
-- Heck care about weight gain.
-- Stake out Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie for sale items.
-- Visit Brooklyn Flea at its fancy new Art Deco venue.
-- Find the Sad Panda.
-- And last but not least, hang out with two of my most favouritest people in the world (and freak them out by rolling in their bed with my "outside clothes" on).



On repeat mode now. Jay-Z's emotionless rapping doesn't do anything for me, but Alicia Keys is smokin' hawt.

No comments: