Wednesday, October 7

how much would you pay for chocolate?*

I am struck by a sudden, intense craving for the Peanut Butter Bonbons from Vosges in New York. I'm pretty sure I have blogged about these sublime treats before (but too lazy to check my own archives), because they are the bestest chocolates I have ever had, no fight.

Because the site doesn't allow me to steal the photo (the chocs aren't that great to look at anyway, just brown lumps), here's the mouthwatering description: "Each bonbon is filled with creamy organic peanut butter infused with pink Himalayan salt, enrobed in 45% deep milk chocolate and topped with a crunch of English Maldon sea salt".

Enrobed, okay. Pink Himalayan salt, not white, okay. English Maldon sea salt, okay. Well, all Maldon salt is English, right, since Maldon is in England? But do not let this detract from the marvellous genius taste combination that is peanut butter + milk chocolate + salt.

At US$27 for nine pieces, they are a mite expensive. However, tag on US$75 for international shipping, plus US$1 per item and US$7.50 for special packing materials to prevent it from melting, and it becomes prohibitive. Le sigh.

* By "you", I really mean "I". And the answer is not US$110.50.
** Why is it a box of four pieces costs US$10, making the cost per piece** lower than for a box of nine?
*** Obviously, my level of obsession with these chocs have reached the point where I have reached for a calculator.
**** It also makes Bacon Candy Bars. Much as I love bacon, I think I'll pass.

No comments: