Thursday, October 26

the curious incident of the ninja in the night-time

Somehow, I always dream of being back at my old house, in my old room with its peeling wallpaper, in my old bed with its snagged satin blue sheets.

It was late at night, and I was dozing off, when a ninja -- yes, true blue ninja who can scale high-rise buildings -- came in through my ninth-storey window.

Like lithe lightning, he was standing over me before I could even blink. In his hand was a sliver of a blade, sort of like a barbecue skewer, only sleeker and deadlier.

He then stabbed me in the stomach. Once. Twice. And then back out the window.

As I lay there, my hands pressed against the two puncture wounds, bleeding out, my Mum came in and I managed to gasp, "Get...help..."

But while she was calling for an ambulance or the police or the seven samurais, the masked ninja returned.

With short staccato moves, he proceeded to stab me over and over while I tried and tried to scream, even as my throat closed over and no sound came out.

I woke up with my mouth wide open in a silent screech -- and stabbing period cramps.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nooo... i hope that's just a fable about some grandfather, not yours.

you know.. i think that in your past life, you were stabbed in the tummy hence your painful period cramps if indeed you have them lots.

what memory can retain thru the ages is pretty amazing..

Zann said...

Heh...I prolly dreamt of ninjas cos I watched a silly show with a masked man in it just before bedtime!

And it is indeed a true story about my grandpa. Funeral will be on Tuesday.

Zann

Anonymous said...

oh dear. I'm sooooo sorry. sigh. hope you are ok.

so sad the story of the lady ey.. guess wht?! went to the doctor today and guess who treated me???!!

PeeWee!! GeeWee's sister la. Real one! Heheh..