Friday, February 2

happy birthday to me

Thanks for all the birthday wishes and gifts!

I have no idea what I've been doing that should leave me so tired at the end of my four days of leave, because I've been nothing if not self-indulgent:

- Dinner on Sunday night with the family at Crystal Jade [seems like everyone has their own fave dish at Crystal Jade. Mine's the red oil dumplings. What's yours?]
- Facial for the first time in a year, followed by pedicure, followed by dinner at Prego, followed by dessert at Mennotti
- Chicken wings at Ikea and then shoe shopping at Queensway [bought two pairs of shoes, including a pair of Crocs. Don't call the fashion police. They were really comfortable!]
- Haircut [in which Timen showed me a shampoo girl with a mushroom haircut and then proceeded to cut my hair into something totally unlike it. But I still look cute. Ha!]
- Bought chocolates for Randolph [Yes, I know dogs will die if they eat chocolate, but this is to fulfill the Dog Law, according to his ex-owner. In return for the doggie, I had to give him something sweet. So I gave him Royce chocolates.]
- Randolph's former friends came over to play and there was a huge barking session along my street, and I got to play with more than 10 dogs in a day. Happiness!
- Dinner at Waraku. Shabu shabu = lurve
- Massage at Haach, in which the masseuse freaked out over the bruises all over my thigh, courtesy of Randolph's welcome home pouncing.
- Lunch and shopping with the auntie brigade at VivoCity for the first time [Bought another two pairs of shoes and a wallet]
- Huge load of laundry
- Bath time for the smelly doggie

I also fed the doggie meds and walked him twice a day. In fact, I'm so obsessed with walking him now that when I fell asleep during my facial, I woke up with a start and thought, "It's time to walk Randolph."

In between all that eating and pampering and dog-walking, I also found time to finish watching 24 episodes of 24 Season 5.

I need another few more days off to recover.

No comments: