Wednesday, April 18

bun, ban, banh


Bun cha: My sissy's fave dish of grilled pork patties and rice noodles with fish sauce. We had an inferior version in a high-class restaurant, but this roadside one was much oilier and hence better.


Banh beo: My fave dish. They're like chwee kueh, but with tasty little prawny morsels on top.


Banh xeo: Vietnamese crispy pancake, not unlike the Korean variety.


Bun bo: Squiggly short fat noodles in super savoury beef and crab soup.


Dunno what this is called, but it's deep-fried spring rolls eaten with a tangy mayo dip.

Belatedly, I realised that I didn't shoot any pho bo or rice paper spring rolls. Probably because I was too eager to dig in. Vietnamese food is too yummy!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

you can take more photos when u go there again next month! woohoooo!