Thursday, February 25

#3, 5, 6, 9, 10, 15, 18, 21, 22, 23, 30, 31, 33







Take your pick from the above numbers for the next Toto draw — these are the items on my list I failed to fulfill before I turned 35.

#3 I did not learn to use Photoshop (but I did borrow a bootleg copy and installed it).

#5 I did not sell a photo (but my twin and I did set up an Etsy account for that purpose).

#6 I did not shoot one good photo on film (but there were quite a few which I liked personally).

#9 I did not build a Lego house according to its plan (yeah, I've got no excuse for this one).

#10 I did not finish painting all the pictures in the Paint By Numbers kit (ditto).

#15 I did not add my own drawings to an old painting (but I couldn't even find one).

#18 I did not teach Randolph to do the Downward Dog (but we discovered he knew how to fetch and play ball).

#21 I did not sew a new bathrobe (but bought one instead).

#22 I could not fix the stopped cuckoo clock (but I'm still keeping it as an ornament).

#23 I did not make a banner for the blog (but I will, soon! Promise! Those mini teacups will be history.)

#30 I did not even think about the Semi-Successful Social Experiment (but I did other boliao projects).

#31 I did not complete my Tintin collection (but I bought and read adult books instead).

#33 I did not use the words "anachronism", "quotidian" and "paradigm" (but I did throw out "ceteris paribus" in casual conversation. That has to count for something).

A 61.7% success rate ain't bad (obviously I aim my sights really high, huh). No, there are no consequences for getting a C- in this annual life goal list. And no, I will not be carrying over the unchecked items, because I have a new list for the new year (yes, I am aware it is coming to the end of February).

P.S. The photos above of Baby Rosemary, part of my mother's dowry, aren't really related to this post, but I'm a sentimental fool. She used to be snowy white and she has been mine for as long as I can remember. Her stomach decided one fine day to explode and expel its spongy contents. She would have been 37 years old this year. RIP, Rosemary.

2 comments:

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Manic Mummy said...

Why did your mum have a doll as part of her dowry?