Tuesday, January 25

warning: this is about to turn into a decor blog



This blog post has been sitting in draft mode since last September, when, after a whirlwind fortnight of house-hunting in Tiong Bahru, I wrote a cheque as a deposit for a walk-up apartment that I saw for no more than 15 minutes. I think I spent more time pondering the purchase of a J. Crew handbag than on this.



In October, I signed away 25 years of my life to service the home loan, but even then, it didn't feel real. (This, despite the many sleepless nights.)



Even when I had the keys in hand -- on Christmas eve -- I didn't feel like the flat was mine, as the sellers were still living there for another three weeks (their new place wasn't ready).



Stepping into the vacated flat last weekend, it finally hit me. This will be home very very soon.

Now, let the renovations begin!

No comments: