Monday, March 21

zannslist



Trawling Craigslist and other used furniture sites is one of the ways I stave off boredom at work, even though sometimes I feel like my soul is being destroyed by the hideous furniture on sale. And don't even get me started on people who list old, decrepit, worthless junk as "vintage" just to get me to click on it.

On the bright side, there are gems, like this shell rocker I swooped in on. I've always wanted one in baby blue.

And then there are other unintentional gems in the listings:

1. I saw the photo of an armchair and saw that the seller had put in the description: "Single seat sofa".

2. In Facebook's Marketplace, there is a section sellers need to fill in on why they were selling the items. For a listing on a hand-carved mahogany altar, the seller had put: "Seldom use".

3. An ad for a moving service went something like this: "This is Shawn, the cheapest mover who can move your things the cheapest, all you moving house people who need to move cheap".

I think I need to start compiling a list.

No comments: