Saturday, May 29

eternal sunshine of the spotless mind

We were all prepared to weep our eyes out at the movie, even handing out tissue paper right at the start.

But only a few tears slipped out. That is not to say the show was a disappointment, just an example of great control over my tear ducts.

I've always loved Charlies Kaufman's work -- Being John Malkovich and Adaptation -- and I think Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind is now my new favourite.

The idea of erasing all memories of a past love doesn't quite work for me though. I'd prefer to keep the good and the bad intact, something along the lines of "Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it".

For anyone who have ever had a relationship gone wrong and wanted to forget, this is the movie. Word of warning for those who suffer from motion sickness though, that there are some shaky camera angles.

No comments: