Thursday, April 6

wet wet wet

On my first day of not having to go to work as a part-timer, I woke up deliciously late, julianned too much cucumber and carrots for a cold noodle brunch, cackled over Nancy Lam on TV, dozed through a taped episode of Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations and woke up to find dogs and cats pouring down.

So instead of going for dressmaking class, I wound up standing in my backyard, facing the sky, not caring if the neighbours saw me in my skimpy tank and shorts, getting drenched on purpose, until I was shivering.

I didn't know what I'd hoped to accomplish, but whatever it was, it didn't work. I felt exactly the same as before I got soaking wet.

1 comment:

orangeclouds said...

You were drowing yourself in the sights, smells and sensations of freedom. Lor.

I sent a msg to u not realising yr no longer signed on, but having discovered tt Jo Soh's Hansel label is at Capitol Bldg, it means I can do all my shopping now in the neighbourhood. V time-saving for those quick trips back.