Saturday, November 24

flower power


One of the few joys of having a flourishing garden -- Flowers for the plucking! For free! To place on the window ledge! To gaze upon while washing the dishes! Oh joy!

The non-joys of having a garden include having to do actual gardening, over-abundance of weeds and lalang, and muddy doggie paws.

The green leaves at the bottom edge of the photo are from my basil plant, amazingly lush and still growing despite being plucked ever so often for cooking.

While overcome by a sudden urge to embrace nature, I planted a mini terrarium in an old pasta sauce bottle with everything -- soil, baby plants, pebbles -- taken from the front yard. Non-green fingers are crossed that it won't die on me.

3 comments:

peanut butter wolf said...

So pretty!

Manic Mummy said...

Yeah! So lovely... And your photography skills are getting very good...

How I wish I can have garden. But I think my HDB corridor flower pots will only breed mosquitoes...

Anonymous said...

brings back memories of england...