Sunday, June 1

heung gong again


Back in Hong Kong for work. Tried to sneak in some time to source for fabric and take photos, but actual work and continuous drizzle got in the way.


Ah Sir, what you looking at? [Even though I was at the scene, I couldn't spot any crime.]


The bare-bodied man knew I had stuck my head inside and was frantically trying to tweak my aperture to shoot him at work in that super moody lighting, but he pretended not to notice. I was too shy to continue, so only have this one semi-presentable shot. I have absolutely no knack for shooting people.


I walked past two old men, shirts half opened, sitting in a doorway playing chess. I tried to ask them in broken Cantonese if I could shoot them and got rudely shouted at. "Ying meh ying!" yelled the grumpier one nearer to me. "Mo ying ah!" Perhaps if I had pleaded with the less grumpy one, I would have got the shot. So I take photos of inanimate objects instead.


Rained every single day. The spot in the middle is a fat drop of rain I got on my precious lens after pointing it skywards. But this is my fave shot of the lot anyway.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

can still remember years back when a bunch of us went to chinatown for photography practice - kena shouted at very rudely by an old man when we tried to sneak a photo of him - that's why i'm scared of photographing people...been traumatised ever since.

Zann said...

that's why i'm so in awe of street photographers...either they have loads of charm (to get strangers to agree to be shot) or great stealth (to snap secretly without being seen or ruining the moment)! and have to shoot at lightning speed too! respect!

Unknown said...

i believe it is great stealth. unfortunately i am super slow/clumsy and also too shy to ask. decided best to stick to static objects like mannequins.