Sunday, February 15

abc, 123 & brackets

I believe I have found my soul mate.

As I am fond of telling any concerned parties, I'm single not because I'm fussy, but because I have a penchant for unavailable men. I actually have very basic (and easily satisfied) criteria* of:
(a) good English
(b) non-repulsive appearance
(c) sense of humour
(In no order of preference.)

[*Optional:
(a) geeky glasses

(b) lanky physique

(c) striped/checked shirts
]

But in addition to (a), (b) and (c), my newfound soul mate has so much in common with me that it is kind of freaky.

1. We both like Japanese authors, movies, dramas, catalogues, cookbooks and just the general clean aesthetic. Muji forever!
2. We are fans of both Mayday AND Jay Chou, who we agree is a musical genius, despite his recent missteps.
3. We take photos all the time and like those of abandoned/nostalgic objects and buildings especially. We even own the same instant camera, just in different colours.

Other things in common include Gossip Girl, typewriters, pencil sharpening, notebooks, bookshelves, ferris wheels, old-skool playgrounds and Atonement. And we have made up our minds, separately, that we would finally read Anna Karenina this year.

This conversation that I stole from this mystery person's blog about childhood colour pencils was what made me realise we were made for each other:

Me: You didn't use to put them back in their respective slots, right? (Phrased such because I already knew the answer.)
Lawyer: No. Did you?

Me: Yah.

Lawyer: (Stares somewhat with disbelief) Really?

Me: Although sometimes I would let it get messy...

Lawyer: So that you can arrange them back in order?

Me: Yah.


She is perfect, except that (a) she is a cat person, (b) she doesn't know I exist, and (c) she is a she.

[I guess my criteria list just got longer, to include:
(d) must love dogs
(e) be aware of my existence
(f) preferably male]

(I came across Wallflower in the course of my web travels and have been sucked into reading its entire archives. I wonder if she were to read this blog, would she see the similarities?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

she likes to make lists too!

Zann said...

she also wears her watch on the right, is a hoarder and doesn't make her bed.

it's freaking me out ok!