Sunday, December 27

merry festivus



How was your holidays? Mine was filled with all the little things that matter.



Fairy lights put up for the family feast on Christmas Eve.



Mini Christmas tree I just had to get when I saw it in Cold Storage. Note to self: It is a warzone there on Christmas Eve. Avoid at all costs.



Unfortunately, I had to brave the hordes of last minute shoppers to get ingredients to bake some dog biscuits. The adorable cookie cutter was from Pantry Magic.



Very simple recipe which I modified. Pour 3/4 cup of hot milk over 125g (or half a block) of unsalted butter and stir. Add 1 teaspoon salt and 1 egg. Add whole wheat flour, half cup at a time, total of three cups. Knead for a few minutes, then roll out on a flat surface and cut into bone shapes. Bake at 160 deg C for 50 minutes and allow to cool.



They smelled quite heavenly, if I may say so myself. I also ate one, just to test if they were as good as they smelled. Not bad, but super hard.



They were a big hit with all the neighbourhood dogs (this is Chase the chocolate lab from next door)...



My friends' three dogs at their Christmas Day BBQ-cum-mahjong (this is Tyson the Italian Greyhound who snuggled in my lap while I played mahjong and lost all the money I had in my purse)...



And of course, Randolph (seen here with a Santa Claus ribbon around his neck, a cookie on his paw and a longing look on his face).



Ah, the indignities he has to suffer for a mere cookie.



Much as I detest dogs being dressed up, I have to admit that I find this hilarious, even if he doesn't. His grumpy face says it all.



After all that feasting, this is my weight. The scale reads in metric, FYI.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

in the madness of last night, i had forgotten about your cookies and remembered only when i read this. BB has no interest in biscuits now, but i'm sure flash will go bonkers when i give them to him tomorrow when he joins me in yck. :)