Monday, March 15

property fever

I almost committed the rash act of retail therapy by clicking on "buy" for these two pieces.



Child-like and innocent but with a touch of sinister. It's a canvas by Danielle Rizzolo for Urban Outfitters. Methinks my nesting instinct is kicking in.



Similarly, there is something innocent yet sensual and foreboding about this print by Samantha French. I can almost visualise how I would frame it -- dark wood frame, extra wide matting -- and where I would display it -- next to my typewriter and vase, both in various shades of pastel blue.

In related news, instead of buying cheap art, I went to an alldressedup warehouse sale and bought two skirts, two bags, one pair of culottes and a romper. The best buy was a $1,000 daylight-robbery skirt, marked down to $99. (More on this subject later.)

And in other also related news, I'm searching in earnest for a flat to buy, now that I have come of age -- as determined by HDB. Besides feverishly adding decor pix to my other blog, I've also been trawling property sites. Those property agents' snapshots of disorganised kitchens, dingy rooms and toilets in their "original condition" are slowly but surely destroying my soul. So much ugly contained within 645 sq ft!

Going to bed now to dream about how I would do up this amazing Tiong Bahru walk-up I saw online with a balcony adjoining two bedrooms and airy kitchen with its original mosaic tiles. Alas, it is out of my reach at a ridiculous $700,000. I'm sad beyond words.

No comments: