Saturday, October 23

dressmaker elf

Very productive day today as a busy dressmaker elf. Managed to wake up early-ish -- 11am is early considering that I left office the night before at 11pm -- and even had time to go buy some silk lining, zip, fake crystals and that wheel-roller thing for transfering patterns before going for dressmaking class.

Have cut out my cute navy blue cotton with mini sailboat prints, and will work on the lining at home tomorrow. Very excited about the bubble dress I'm making now.

Came home after dinner and continued in seamstress mode. Finally finished the scallop hem of my circular skirt. It's so beautiful, I can't wait to wear it, but still gotta sew some felt appliques onto it first.

Also gotta do alterations on another skirt I made. Oh gosh, so much sewing to do. As I've been lamenting a lot these days, "If only I have more time!"

Barely had time to enter my food diary this week, what with the crazy revamp of the papers. Have been arrowed to be in charge of the music pages, which is a joke because I have no idea most of the time what Chris Ho, S.Y. Whang and Chang Tou Liang are talking about in their columns. Had to go through an interview with a rapper which contained the word "bombakla". Since we're so not with it and don't know what the word means, we've been using it as a code word for any and everything, i.e. "Why is he such an asshole? Bombakla!" or "Bombakla, let's go for lunch."

Then there has been an influx of Bag It Now queries and orders due to a short write-up in Her World. And with new stock coming in next week, we're going to have another round of photo taking and mass emailing, so it's gonna be busy busy busy.

Where am I gonna find the time to have lunch?

food diary
half portion wanton mee dry
yong tau foo soup
one Yakult
one packet Roller Coaster

No comments: