Wednesday, December 8

last fling

Dragged my sorry ass back to work today after one week's leave, which I frittered away doing nothing much. Didn't even manage to do my ultimate indolent off-day thingy -- wake up at 11am, brunch followed by cooking and decor shows on TV, capped with an afternoon nap with the blinds lowered. Where did the time go?



What I did manage to accomplish in the past seven days:
- Semi-annual catch-up session with old friend [we can pick up like we'd only just met yesterday]
- Idolising party [waving of Sly flags included]
- Getting over Jay by watching a lot of old music videos [bought dirt cheap from Chinatown]
- A pathetic bit of sewing on my bubble dress [and a lot of unpicking]
- Facial
- Dentist
- Zouk Out
- Post-Zouk Out recovery [which took a whole Sunday]



But on my final day of leave yesterday, I did squeeze in quite a lot:
- Karaoke with my sissy [first time ever singing! It's all cos of Jay Chou!]
- Spongebob Squarepants roadshow [we were the only adults there -- the kid in the pix is a mere decoy! -- and shamelessly went on stage to hug Patrick Star even though we were not among the privileged first 50 children there. Check out his adorable stumps!]
- Meet up with friend back from New York [must maintain good relations for future visits there! Hotels there very expensive, you know?]

No comments: