Monday, December 20

wo zhi zai hu ni

Listening to Teresa Teng's classic Wo Zhi Zai Hu Ni, sort of in honour of my parents' 31st wedding anniversary. And also because the tune has been echoing around my head since I heard C and C rehearsing it in the pantry for H's wedding.

Am so full now from celebratory buffet dinner at Amara that I can't sleep.

Update on my dressmaking progress: Have been frantically trying to complete a day dress and night gown for the wedding of the year coming up on Thursday.

Spent the better part of today hunched over the sewing machine, with my sissy roped in as the assistant elf to do tacking. Have even taken a day off tomorrow so as to go for dressmaking class.

As my sissy says, "The fire has reached your eyebrows." [It makes more sense in Mandarin!]

So far, the bubble dress with little sailboats is 99 per cent completed, with only the zip part to go. It's lurvely, if I may say so myself, though it is a little fattish [a word which my sissy and I invented which describes so precisely clothes that make us look fat].

The dress for the night, however, is only 75 per cent done. Need to join up the top and bottom parts, do up the armholes and add pretty lace bits. And only tomorrow left to accomplish all that, or I'd have to go for the wedding dinner in -- god forbid! -- some old dress.

While running Elna my sewing machine -- yes, I named my sewing machine, cannot izzit? -- at full throttle this afternoon, I caught a glimpse of my darling Jay on Chinese MTV.

How the heck am I supposed to get over him when he keeps popping up everywhere in reality, and not just in my subconsciousness?

Which reminds me of something funny which I had meant to blog about, but forgot. On jay-chou.net, there are these rabid fans who translate almost everything he has ever said or written into English, which is wonderful for people [ie. me] who take hours to figure out his mumbled lyrics.

Anyway, there is a link there to get his fans to vote for him for the MTV Asia Awards, and the exhortation is to vote "every five minutes" because "the S.H.E. fans are overtaking us". That just cracks me up. And no, I haven't voted. Yet.

No comments: