Thursday, October 27

letter from a reader

Pardon me if i caused any inconvience to you.

During school days. I scored D7 for my 'O' Level English Language.

Is there any way or guide books, assessment book, etc, in improving one's command of english language.

For compostion. Until now, i still find it hard to write, express (had no idea how to construct) essay/sentences that pleased UK examiners and makers.

That is to make them developed in reading and marking my essays. Because they do have their own expectation in marking exam scripts.

Every time, i read the Straits Times.

I did not know how to construct/apply/use/relate ) the (articles/columns) on how the writer express his/her opinion, comment, view, ideas into composition writing.

The same apply to magazine reading. Also, for letter writing.

Should i read Forum column and tried to learn how the writer write or express their own view or opinion.

I rather retake my 'O' Level english language than take IELTS or TOEFL.

As for comprehension question and summary. Is it to practice ten years series exam.

For pronunication, is it to listen to 09:30 p.m. news, Channel NewsAsis, Radio 93.8 or/and BBC.

Illustration: The Straits Times Friday March 25, 2005.

Malaysia page 19.

Minimum entry to Australia and UK universities is a C6 pass in 'O' Level English Language.

Please kindly reply me with guidance or pointers.

Any reply would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards.

A local that passed Chinese Language with a B3 in 'O' Level.

2 comments:

ginnie & alfie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Manic Mummy said...

I got that exact same letter before! Is it a prank? I sent a polite reply back with some tips and never heard from him/her again. Hmph.