Monday, June 26

tourist shots

Have been having problems sleeping since I got back four days ago. Slept at 2am, woke up at 6am. Am due back in the office today. It's gonna be a very long Monday.

Feel free to skip this slide show. Totally incapable of witty captions, after more than three weeks away from work. And am in awe of those who can post thought-provoking essays on their travels. Mine are more like, I was here, I saw this, I ate this, I was there, I ate that.

Since I'm proclaiming now how superficial I am, let me state for the record that I didn't step into a single museum in New York. And the Museum Mile festival was on too, with free admissions.

I'm a shallow shallow tourist.


See my pot belly? Scroll down to see what I've been filling it with.


Going to the sea -- Coney Island, Brighton Beach, Rhode Island -- wouldn't have been any fun without these travel companions.


In Providence. Not only is it the capital and largest city of Rhode Island, it is also divine providence that I made it there.


We got yielded on The Amazing Purchase and had to run to the train station with our bags of amazing purchases, panting over whether to catch a cab and is it ever okay to use the phrase "I told you so".


On the ghost train by myself, when I suddenly was transported from the New York subway back to the London tube. Journeys in empty carriages through time and space.


A happy train ride, which terminated at a Gay Pride Festival. Note my hoodie and alfielee T-shirt, both innocently emblazoned with rainbows.

No comments: