Tuesday, January 9

dropping names


It all started with the Marc Jacobs Stam bag -- named after model Jessica Stam -- which I coveted when I first saw the knock-offs at a street stall in New York last year. "You know this designer? Marc Jacobs?" the obliging black man asked me.

I'm so not one who goes for the IT bag of the season. Heck, I only own one designer item and it was purchased at 90% off the original price [which was precisely why I could afford it].

But I really do love the Stam. So, idly surfing just now at the online mother of all designer goods, I saw the object of my desire again. In the prettiest powder blue. At £714.89 a pop, that's about a couple of hundreds more than the rent for my entire place for a month.

Never mind.

So I decided to make myself feel better -- or should it be worse? -- by browsing the dresses. And then I saw this red polka dotted Diane von Furstenberg Betty wrap dress. If I can buy one of her classic wraps, this would be the one. It's a steal at £231.44, slashed from £330.63. [Can you tell that I'm becoming immune to all these figures at this point in time? It doesn't seem like real money anymore, when a Fendi dress costs over £2,000.]

Butofcos, the model had to be carrying the Stam bag. Such good taste.

It was then that I noticed her shoes. They were the exact Christian Louboutin blood red shoes I would put on and never take off -- if only I had nice feet. Oh and some spare change lying around after getting the rest of the outfit.

Bah.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I saw it here with mama! Even told her u would like it!

Zann said...

You know my taste so well! Now, why didn't you buy it for me?

Zann