Thursday, March 1

the long good night

ME: He got married.
LURVE: Oh dear. Are you ok lurve?
ME: I've been expecting it but still I feel a bit dazed by the news. And he had numerous chances to tell me but he didn't, until I asked him point blank today
LURVE: You mean he didn't tell you he was married until you asked him? Did he say why he didn't tell you? When did he get married?
ME: Ya. I put two and two together when he told me he'd moved. Even then, the fact that he'd moved came out only by accident.
LURVE: Har? He was still flirting with you? Sigh. Please don't feel sad if you do. He's so not worth your time. And please try to cut ties with him completely. He's a true blue asshole. I'm so mad at him!
ME: What I don't get is why he didn't just tell me. We had a long conversation not long ago. And he gave me a morning call when I had to wake up at 6am. And he got drunk last weekend and messaged me. Where the hell was his wife when all this was happening?
LURVE: She was in the dark. And she will continue to be if you don't end this. He wants to have all his cake and eat it, regardless of hurting his wife or you. Cheats are good liars.
ME: We're not exactly doing anything. We just talk. I've stopped flirting. Well, mostly. His reason for not telling me was that he was waiting for me to ask. Har?
LURVE: I guess he didn't tell you cos he didn't want the good feeling to his ego to end. I'm sure he likes you, but not enough to not want to hurt you. He just seems very dishonest. Waiting for you to ask - doesn't that sound like a coward to you?
LURVE: Even though you don't do anything, he knows you have some feelings - he must know. And he's abusing those feelings by keeping you "hanging on" in some small way
ME: Well, I'm glad I just point blank asked him. And there's no point now asking him why he didn't tell me. I'm finding it hard now to even be friendly to him, knowing the extent of his deception.
LURVE: Yes and you shouldn't try to be nice or friends for that matter. He's done enough damage. Don't fuel his ego anymore!
ME: Yes, I know what I should do. But it's always so nice to just talk rubbish with him. And I know it's not one sided. That's what makes it so difficult.
LURVE: I can imagine lurve. But you must try your best.
ME: Why can't I met a normal UNATTACHED man? I'm tired of this shit. It may be easier to just give up. Men. Ptui.
LURVE: Don't give up! Don't let him make you lose faith. It takes time. Life is weird and cruel and I guess it all adds up to make you stronger?
ME: Oh well, I'm not unhappy being single. Thanks for listening to me lurve!
LURVE: No worries lurve. You take care. And if you need to message anyone, message me!! Night night.
ME: Night night lurve!

1 comment:

orangeclouds said...

yes, you must move on!! and yes, gal friends rock! they're our rocks.

so you wanna meet up with rhys and fill him in on sg? he's gonna be in town fr end of the month for 6 mths. he's interested in biking trails, climbing walls, museums, food and clubs. he lives in greenwich (back in london), speaks fluent mandarin (been all over china) and best of all (apart fr being good-looking) he's smart, funny and quite a people person. he's such a catch that i wonder if he's gay.