Thursday, March 1

something

The need for "closure" never bothered me much. I'm more into denial, I guess, rather than resolving my many "issues".

But I've been thinking about it, on and off, as the last year drew to an unspectacular end and the first two months of this year zipped past.

I needed something to be returned to me, something that we'd both been a part of, something which was not really a big deal, something which made my insides clench whenever a stray thought about it passed through my head.

I'd asked for this something to be returned, more than once. I asked again, today. Every time I asked, it felt like I shouldn't even be asking.

But still I asked. And still he didn't give it back.

He doesn't know the significance, it's just some thing to him. To me, it's closure.

No comments: