Sunday, March 15

lead me not into temptation



It was love at first sight when I saw this swacket -- sweater plus jacket, geddit? -- from Harputs Own. I have a thing for multi-way convertible clothes. But the price tag of US$445 stopped me from putting it into my shopping cart. That, and the fact that I will probably never get to full utilise the 12 or more ways of wearing it.


Slow and Steady Wins the Race, with its oh-so-clever takes on fashion, was a little harder to resist. And with almost everything priced at an democratic US$100, I was stuck on the website for half the night.

The ballet flats -- my footwear of choice -- are so witty, I was sorely tempted. I have just about managed to convince myself that I don't need a 15th pair of flats, not when they cost US$100.


I also do not need a 143th brooch, no matter how cool the pearl tumour looks. I convinced myself that I can DIY one with cheapo Chinatown pearls at way below US$100.


I'd been looking for black oxfords for a long long long time, to the extent of going to the boys' section of Bata, but no luck. This -- in canvas, patent snakeskin and suede -- is near perfect, except it seems to be sold out everywhere. Thank god for small mercies, I guess.


This is my personal fave (I'm constantly on the lookout for a BBB -- Big Black Bag -- that can stand the test of time and the weight of all my barang, and is not an It Bag). A take on the classic Birkin, in leather, reimagined with four sides and as many handles. At US$1,000, way out of my reach.


So I settled for the canvas version instead.

No comments: