Friday, March 20

mmm mmm mmm



Salad days are back. M gave me an exquisite bottle of honey vanilla balsamic vinegar that was all sorts of subtle loveliness, so I had it with salad on Monday.



It was so good, I had it again on Tuesday, drizzled over grilled tomatoes with mozarella. Mmm.

In related mmm news, my cubicle neighbour is driving me mad with her hour-long drama-filled phone conversations throughout the work day. Close relative in a cult needing intervention? Check. Someone being sedated and sent to IMH? Check. Spelling out words with C and going, "C for cat. Meow meow"? Check. Mother exasperating the hell out of her with understooded questions? Check. (Although to be fair, I think we all have that last one.)

But the worst part is when she agrees with whoever is on the phone with endless strings of "mmm mmm mmm", "mmm mmm mmm" and "MMM MMM MMM".

At one point just before offstone, when I was trying frantically to make a couple of photos of mobile phones fit onto a page without them looking as big as laptops, I lost it and banged my forehead against my keyboard, muttering under my breath, "OH. MY. GOD."

She was, butofcos, oblivious.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

if she continues on her MMMMMMM rampage, we all will have to be sedated and sent to IMH. (i will share my hospital food with you, of cos.)

MMMMMMMMS

Yen said...

hihi suzanne! i haven't been to your blog for quite a while and i'm surprised to see you shooting on film now! the pictures look really great! :D

Zann said...

hi yen!

i discovered your blog not long ago! how did you ever find mine? love your photos! i have a canon AE-1 too, but i haven't had time to send it to the camera hospital!