Tuesday, December 9

Have been kinda out of this world for the past week...in more ways than one.

The more prosaic reason is that I've been sick with flu-like symptoms and also drugged out by painkillers because baikar problem has flared up again. Having feet the size of pig's trotters is no joke. Especially when I had to walk for three hours around the departure lounge of the airport to scout for shopping deals. Or when I had to tail a princess-for-a-day contest winner for 12 hours, watching her get pampered with free shopping and manicure and beauty makeover and limo and French food.

But I've also had my head stuck in the clouds cos I spent the whole weekend in bed reading the Princess Diaries -- all five books! -- and wishing my parents were king and queen of some small European country so I can live in the lap of luxury, wear a pretty tiara and rule over the peasants. Also watched Spirited Away -- at last! -- and was totally captivated by the haunted magical theme park.

Why can't real life be so ethereal? Why must it be so...real?

No comments: