Tuesday, December 16

I can always count on my ex -- the only one I’m still on speaking terms with -- to be brutally frank. And I’m glad we have reached the stage where we are beyond impressing each other and know each other so well that we can say anything without causing offence.

Just met up with him after my haircut and I was fluffing my hair and fishing for compliments: “Nice or not?”

His reply? “Nope. If you look gorgeous, I’d tell you.”

His description of my baikar? “Your feet look like you wore wet socks for a week. And then turned them inside out and wore them for another week.”

His take on me still being single? “Your COE is running out. All these newer, faster models are coming out and you cannot compete.”

His reprimand when he knew I was tempted to have a fling with unsuitable attached man? “You are immoral.”

His reason for not reading my latest story in the papers? "I was going to read it. Then I saw it was written by you."

But of course, I give as good as he does. I was about to apply lipstick after dessert, when he commented that it was unseemly. I retorted: “I don’t care. It’s only you.”

And I love reminding him almost everytime we meet: “I’ve never dated a handsome man before”.

No comments: