Friday, June 17

firestarter

Was happily setting up my appliances -- microwave oven, hot water flask, toaster, mini crockpot, and very crucial for this tale, electric stove -- without noticing that certain switches were by default turned on.

In fact, the stove hobs were dialled all the way to maximum. And I went upstairs and did my own thing for at least a couple of hours without realising that.

Luckily, M felt the waves of heat emanating from the counter and turned the stove off.

Even before I moved in, I'd almost burned down my new place. I'm a fire hazard. Help!

1 comment:

orangeclouds said...

Aiyoh, in a similar vein, did u know that before I left my apartment to go back to Sg for two weeks, I left my bathroom light on? It was on for two whole weeks!!! When I came back the whole apartment felt very hot.

I'm a firestarter too :(