Saturday, April 12

may the shampoo last for a long long time


Out of the blue, I received an email from my former housemate C -- she's the Brit gal who used to teach at a special needs school here but then moved on to teach in Dubai sometime last year. [There was some drama and heartbreak over a callous expat guy here who turned out to be married and a soccer yob she met in the UK when she went back for a break.]

In the breathless email with no punctuation marks, she announced that she had met a "very handsome dark young Lebanese guy" and they got married last month. She had also left her job and gone back to the UK with him.

To put the timeline in perspective: I am still washing my hair with the giant bottle of shampoo she abandoned only half used when she left.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is totally unrelated, but your post reminds me of the $1.99 dishwashing detergent a certain national shuttler allegedly removed from their love nest when he moved out. heh.

ms