Sunday, April 13

a very pink house





Project Smitten mag did a shoot of my very pink house last year and the spread has finally appeared in its latest issue. Mousey's place was also shot recently, so watch out for it in, oh, six months' time. [The text is legible if you click on the pix to enlarge it. And you can also see how adorable my doggie is.]

It looks so much better in pictures than in real life -- no balls of dog hair rolling around, no armies of ants marching up and down the window sill, no unwashed dishes or unmade beds. But actually I love it, dog hair, ants and all.

But due to my landlord being an opportunistic money-grabbing bastard [my rent will go up by a frigging unbelievable 70% in June] and both my housemates moving out [one to London to work, another to cheaper digs], I have been forced to consider the following options:

a) Look for two new housemates and pass on the rental hike to them
b) Sell off all my worldly possessions, which I have a lot, and move home with 500 boxes until HDB allows me to buy my own place when I turn 35
c) Get my parents to rent out their place [can fetch a good price, apparently] and move in. The best option in my opinion, except that my mum is against it.

All are not without their pros and cons. And I'm running out of time, as I need to renew my lease by the end of the month.

Headache.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

your place looks lovely, but not as lovely as doggie.
i want to sub for the mag - i spotted a typo within three seconds. can you?

ms

peanut butter wolf said...

I fail as a sub! Where's the typo??

Zann said...

Ah I wouldn't have spotted it if you didn't mention it! I fail as a sub too! (I also use too many exclamation marks, hahaha!)

But I did spot a missing close bracket (what do you call this punctuation which is missing from this sentence?

Anonymous said...

i was born to be a copyed - i spotted the typo too! but i looooove the spread. absolutely gorgeous. i can't wait till you turn 35 and have your own place to decorate... tpl

Anonymous said...

i spotted the missing close bracket too when i got to that part (*smoking elegantly*).

ky, it's "oppposite" in the third line...

ms