Tuesday, April 15

you've got mail

I've always expressed a wish to marry a rich old man, and I think the universe has finally heard my plea and given me half of it, sort of. On top of penning me an e-mail, this old man has also found me on Facebook and poked me. Ewww. And now there is a pending Friend Request. Double ewww.

Oh, and how do I know he's an old man and not, say, someone tall dark and handsome? His Facebook profile states he was born in 1953. That's three years younger than my Dad. Triple ewww.

Edited-to-protect-this-blog-from-being-traced-back-to-him version of his e-mail below [I've left his translated-from-Chinese English intact though]:

Dear Suzanne

Hi, I read your article on George Clooney, it strikes me that you are perceptive to the predicament of being the girl friend of George, an element which I seldom see from the Strait Times group of writers.

I searched the internet and followed your footstep to Facebook and being induced to the crime of face-stalking ha ha :)

Your trip to St Paul de Vence's, and other places indicated that you are a person who enjoy spontaneous urge in life for quality enjoyments. May be we can talk about Australia, Paris, London, and 40+ cities of USA, which to me are more a series of bitter-sweet encounters.

Your takes on Friend-in-law are very readable, let's say I really get to enjoy your brain juice.

I spent too much time in consulting and IT business writing in Business English... therefore my literally releases are mostly bilingual :)

[Website address removed.]

This is a small part of my works testing how popular I can be in pop-culture of blogging.

I kind of assume most of the high IQ creative-people are bilingual nowadays.

Let see whether we have the 缘分 to be friend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

why do i find " I really get to enjoy your brain juice" quite obscene? haha
tpl

orangeclouds said...

Hmmm. Fifty-four is rather old. Yeah it sounds like he used the thesaurus a fair bit.

tpl: in the same vein, check out "spontaneous urge in life for quality enjoyments". I think he's looking for a young mei3 mei2 !!

orangeclouds said...

Then again, if he were the Russian President, who cares about age difference?

http://www.straitstimes.com/Free/Story/STIStory_228347.html

This chick is known for her "extreme natural flexibility".

Unknown said...

i agree with tpl - that sentence made me squirm.