Tuesday, May 13

manual labour

Since my twin has already posted her photos from our field trip last Saturday, I think I better get off my lazy ass and get mine up, too.

Being twins, we were both naturally bored by the Bugis Street scene. Us shallow twins like pretty, not gritty, things. And it was only natural that we ended up shooting the same things. The only reason I don't have a snap of the overgrown Ne Zha was because I actually scurried away in great fear that she -- he? -- might actually bestow some blessing upon me.

Out of 7,423 shots, only this handful are deemed suitable for human consumption.


Token shot of the back alley. A security guard came up to us and wanted to know if we were terrorists planning an attack. Well, not in those exact words.


Mannequins with no torsos.


Mannequins with no taste.


A wheel.


More wheels.


At this point, I believe I muttered under my breath to my twin -- so that Biceps Man a.k.a. our instructor wouldn't overhear -- that Ah Loon or Foo Shoo would surely be able to shoot some spectacular pix. Unlike us.


I'm lousy at taking photos of people -- the few I attempted are blah to the max -- so I shoot inanimate objects instead.


The prettiest things, by a long shot, were the lotus flowers. Hence, so many shots of them. I may even try growing some myself, they are so elegant.


I never knew there were different colours of lotuses. Or rather, I didn't pay attention to their beauty previously.


They can look like onions.


Or lemons.


This is my second most fave shot. I didn't even realise that the temple mural depicted lotuses too until I downloaded the photos at home. Just shows how observant I am.


My ultimate fave photo wasn't even shot by me, but by my twin.

2 comments:

Dot said...

Very observant indeed. They call that the EYE! You have the eye!

Zann said...

i dowan the eye! it sounds like i can see things i dowan to see! like dead people!