Wednesday, March 16

an unmoving story

I thought I'd just go with the flow and stop opposing the move to the new place. So yesterday morning, the entire family went off on a light-buying trip to Balestier.

Settled on the living room and dining room lights without too much pain. Was even in a good enough mood to stand under a lamp and take goofy photos.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

But by afternoon, my energy level was flagging and I needed a snooze in Barang Barang while my sis soldiered on with the sofa selection.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Today was supposed to be a major expedition into Ikea. It started off well enough, with fried chicken wings to start us off on a full stomach.

But things just went rapidly downhill, for no reason other than my dad was behaving unreasonably, shouting at my mum and threatening stupid things. It didn't help that my sissy and I started developing headaches because it took so long to get them to agree to anything.

Managed to sort out the dining table, cabinets, chairs, blinds and kitchen after five exhausting hours in the store.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

But if you could see my face in the photo -- standing next to the chosen dining table -- you would see it was totally black. Had a blazing row in the middle of the kitchen section with my dad, which ended with me throwing everything onto the trolley and storming off while the people milling around stared.

Was so mad that I was trembling with rage. I remember saying very loudly and in a very clipped tone to my mum: "I. Am. Moving. Out."

My mum is now pretending that she didn't hear it and asking if I want to move my wardrobe over to the new place.

My dad is now pretending that nothing has happened, but I'm ignoring him.

Even though things are in a bad state now, I am feeling better than a couple of weeks ago, when we were emotionally blackmailed into agreeing to the move and even paying for it.

At least now, I have stated it loud and clear -- I. Am. Moving. Out.

Now, to get the place I want in Chip Bee...

No comments: