Saturday, December 3

byslexia

I've always thought of myself as mildly dyslexic, as I can't tell left from right [I have the words pasted on the sides of my monitor to help when I write captions], tend to mix up my d, b, p, q, 6 and 9, and transpose numbers all the time.

Some famous and smart people are supposedly dyslexic, so I don't quite mind being in their company. [Though I can't recall exactly who, right now.]

But the latest incident is scary -- scarier than when my driving instructor asked me to turn left and I went right instead, going the wrong way down a one-way street.

About two weeks ago, I decided to write down on a card the bank account number I share with M. Since then, I'd been referring to it when I ask people to transfer money to me, or when I want to bank in cheques.

To my horror, the bank called a couple of days ago to tell me I got two of the numbers transposed on a cheque I was trying to bank in. And just the night before, I'd given the same wrong numbers to someone to transfer $200 to me. And I'd also sent an email to yet another person giving the same wrong info.

It's a small miracle that no money actually went astray, because the bank account number I made up does not exist. Phew!

1 comment:

ginnie & alfie said...

albret enseintien was byslesic. So is da vinii and supise supise, gorge brush.