Thursday, January 12

fishing expeditions

When feeling depressed over upcoming birthday -- somehow worse than hitting the big 3-0 last year -- make yourself feel better by having such conversations:

TODAY

Me: I still can't believe I've already crossed the big 3-0 mark! I feel old!
He: You crossed it already ah? You don't look over 30 for sure.
Me: That's the best thing anyone has said to me today! I can't believe it's been a year already since the pajama party!
He: Oh shit... That was a 30 year mark birthday party hor. You don't look it for sure lor. Still young and beautiful. Hahaha
Me: And my day just keeps getting better and better!
He: And that wasn't even a pick-up line...

LATER

Me: I feel old to be over 30! No offence to you...hahaha
She: Are you over 30? You really don't look it ok! How old are you?
Me: I'll be 31 at the end of the month! Ugh!
She: That's young!

FEW WEEKS AGO

He: So you're very close to your sister. How old is she?
Me: She's 26.
He: And you are...?
Me: I'm...errr...30.
He: Well, you don't look 30 to me.
Me: Yeah, yeah, I look 35, right?
He: I was going to say 32, hahaha.
Me: Idiot.
He: Seriously, you don't look 30.

No comments: