Thursday, January 5

new order

I took a day off in order to get my life in order. Then it started to rain and I found myself telling C, "My life can wait while I take a nap..."

The tasks were almost too daunting to tackle.

Torn envelopes of bills were wedged into the triangular void of my desktop calendar, begging to be paid.

The laundry basket was overflowing with close to three weeks' worth of clothes I no longer remember wearing and squashed-up bras.

Elf work of sewing hooks, trimming tulle and cutting ribbons was overdue. So were the December accounts.

Grimy sheets on the bed. Mouldy food in fridge. Worm-ridden potatoes. Unrewound and unwatched video tapes. Unresolved issues about love and work.

I'm proud to annouce that, except for the last item, the rest of my life is now organised the way I like it. The sacrifice of the nap was worth it.

No comments: