Saturday, January 21

the heart wants what it wants

The line suddenly came to mind as I was, once again, lolling in bed on a Saturday afternoon, feeling a wee bit gan xing and not at all li xing after yet another text session.

I tell him I'm about to do something stupid...like going to Borders and buying up half the store. He tells me he was just there.

My life is nothing but a series of near misses.

Someone once told me, in Mandarin, that the most beautiful memories come from regretting that which never happened. Me, I like to see things to their [often bitter] end, because I can't stand to live with "what if...".

[Who can tell me where "The heart wants what it wants" came from? Googling not allowed.]

4 comments:

orangeclouds said...

Ack, yes, the heart remains a child. Title of an EBTG song.

But then again, why put yourself through pain??

Zann said...

That's a very good question. I will answer it when I've recovered my li xing, which, hopefully, should be any day now...

Is this as grown up as we ever get?

orangeclouds said...

Oooh "Is this as grown up as we ever get?" - that's a line from the song. hehehe (hysterical EBTG geek)

I remember tt song cos one of my ex-es once quoted it to me.

Hopefully, the answer is not.

Manic Mummy said...

Sorry, amid this lixing ganxing discussion, I just want to say that some boyfriend-stealers actually go to heaven. Like me. Anyway, ain't no use fighting. If it's going to happen, it's going to happen...