Sunday, March 12

hush hush

This is what my horoscope says: "It's getting to the point where even you can't stand to listen to yourself talk about a certain situation anymore. It's time to start observing how much you're obsessing about something that's not really worth your time."

M essentially says the same thing when she says: "Now you can stop wasting money on SMSes."

P tries to comfort me with: "My lurve, you deserve someone who is absolutely nuts about you. This one won't give up his comfort zone to be with you, so it's NEXT!"

L, who hates him and calls him a troublemaker, grudgingly admits: "At least he's being responsible and doing the right thing. Poor lurve."

K puts it more bluntly: "You wanted to potang jalan. Did you expect anything to good to come out of it? So what if you did nothing except talk?"

Yes, it was just talk -- about him being caught in the middle of office politics, my problems with my evil boss, his reputation as a skirt-chaser and numerous conquests, my lousy history with inappropriate men, do you love with the heart or with the mind, his weakness for short skirts and mine for striped shirts, repetition of meaningless words like boo and heh until someone relented, how his day at work went and how I frittered away my off day, the perfect balance between li xing and gan xing, drowsy "nite darlin" messages that ended with a muak.

But enough already. No more talking.

2 comments:

Manic Mummy said...

Chin up, girl! Indeed, you deserve a lot better.

orangeclouds said...

Ack I'm a week late with this. But let me add to the chorus of girly affirmation and say: Better to be alone and whole than cut up in pieces over someone who can only give you scraps. Cos that's it in a nutshell isn't it?