Friday, March 3

too much, too little

Tangential thoughts after reading Orange Clouds's post script, while listening to Cheer on a continuous loop:

-- I go through life with low expectations, but it still doesn't guarantee I'm not sometimes disappointed.
-- I almost never give 100 per cent in anything, not because I'm lazy, but because I'm afraid that after giving my all, it is still not enough.
-- I seldom lie, even though I won't say I'm a very moral person. Rather, I'm no good at it, and so would prefer to minimise the risk of getting caught.
-- I would have been a horrible slutty person if I had been born beautiful. Instead, I'm forced to cultivate inner beauty, brains, character, humour and other traits to compensate.
-- I prefer not to think too much, even though I know I can and should. It just never seems to make a difference whether I agonise over decisions or not, because I always end up following my heart, not my head.
-- I also prefer to take things at face value. Why read too much into words and actions when there may not be hidden meanings anyway? Sometimes, it is better not to see too clearly.
-- I would rather have too much heartache than too little happiness.

No comments: