Thursday, January 13

survey results

It seems like ages ago, or it may have just been yesterday, but I was conducting a survey among my friends. I just found the notepad on which I had scribbled the results.

There was only one question in this pathetic survey: "In your opinion, why am I still single?"

KT: "You're too introverted."

AL: "You're not trying hard enough."

KH: "You're not meeting enough people."

DO: "You haven't met the right guy. Or are you secretly lesbian?"

GT: "There's no one that you like."

CC: "There are no good men left."

TPL: "You appear very self-sufficient."

LG: "You hang around the same people, so you don't meet people."

MF: "You need to widen your circle. Consider divorced men?"


Since the survey was done, two of the respondents have gotten married -- one secretly, the other shotgun -- while another has a new man in her life.

People all around me are falling in love, out of love, getting married, breaking up, getting divorced, having a dog, having a kid.

Me? The constant single. And the survey hasn't helped one bit.

No comments: