Thursday, February 9

done the deed

So. I have done the deed after sleeping on it for so long. [No, no, no, not THAT deed.]

I told my bosses that I needed to go part-time for the sake of my health.

She was awfully nice about it, even though she was disappointed and had even harboured hopes of me returning to writing. I told her I still preferred a deskbound job and I really liked subbing, so perhaps I could work three days a week on Urban. I also told her I felt bad because she has always been good to me -- she's sending me to Tokyo at the end of the month! -- but she said my health was more important. She's so welfare.

Then I told my immediate boss, who was an ass about it and kept trying to force me to say I would work on the worst days of the week. But I just kept resisting.

He has more evil plans up his sleeve, I bet. But I think she will get my back. Now just to wait for the okay from HR.

2 comments:

orangeclouds said...

OH WOW. And oh wow, Tokyo.

Now for the shop, whooppee!

Zann said...

There may even still be the last vestiges of snow in Tokyo, according to a friend who just returned.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.