Thursday, February 16

supermarket sweep

At 2359 last night, I was ambling along on my way home with a winter coat in a shopping bag in one hand and Swirl's marvellously pink inventory folder in the other when the bright fluorescent lights of my neighbourhood Cold Storage summoned me like an alien to her mothership.

Since I have sworn off shopping -- going to be partially employed from April! -- my only form of retail therapy involves groceries.

So I ventured into the [for once] blissfully empty supermarket and treated myself to a new mop, Colgate and four Chinese pears.

As I wrestled the mop onto the checkout counter, I tried to ignore the strange looks from the lethargic cashier and the handful of sloppily-dressed midnight shoppers. [One couple were lugging a DVD recorder together with their groceries. More bizarre than mop, Colgate and Chinese pears, right?]

At least no one saw me swinging the mop like a deranged wiccan as I walked home.



And speaking of supermarkets, I am determined to visit Three Minutes Happiness in Shibuya. The Japlish name alone is enough to make me smile and fall in lurve, but a supermarket AND 100-yen store rolled into one as well? What more can an impoverished shopaholic ask for?

1 comment:

orangeclouds said...

Yes. Grocery shopping at 2359, one of the pleasures of bachelorette-pad living.

Have a happiness trip in Tokyo!!!