Sunday, February 19

sheng sheng sheng

That's what Xiang Yun says in the Shop N Save ad on TV. [TPL and I both lurve her, by the way, after we spoke to her in seperate interviews. She is the most gracious, most down-to-earth, most hardworking, most genuine so-called artiste.]

Anyway, I'm now watching my money very carefully. No more of the little luxuries of life, such as:

-- British Vogue and Elle Decor [annual savings of $300 from kicking this bad habit alone!]
-- Cabs [Take bus! Take train! Walk even!]
-- Facials [Just DIY at home with masks.]
-- Pedicures [Sigh. I do so adore pedicures. Even the pain of your toe jam being gouged out is a pleasure.]
-- Royce chocolates, Bee Cheng Hiang gourmet bak kwa and other decadent junk food [Only cheapo Chicken In A Biscuit from now on!]
-- Bed linen and towels [No matter how pretty the print or how many per cent off on sale or how high the thread count or how fluffy the towels are or how matching they are to my walls and curtains.]
-- Jeans [I already have six pairs!]
-- Non-sale items only for clothes, shoes, handbags, etc [This is going to be so tough.]

No comments: