Saturday, June 21

"All my bags are packed and I'm ready to go..."

A certain someone used to quote me those lyrics when I complained about packing. With exactly 12 hours to go before I leave on a jet plane to Barcelona, I have yet to dust off my luggage. I really detest packing, not the actual act of putting things into suitcases, but more the niggling fear that I've forgotten something crucial.

Yet, instead of getting cracking with the packing, I'm now mucking around with photos taken today, a day of farewells.

Since it was the last time we were meeting as a class, we decided to buy lots of cold beer, sit in the hot sun and get pissed on the college lawn. I swear I have never had so much beer in broad daylight before *burp*

I attribute the huge smile on my face to the relief of meeting a major deadline today. Alcohol contributed a little too.





Still giggly from the booze, I somehow managed to take the Tube to meet some other friends for another farewell session. One is off to Boston for his PhD, while the other is heading to China, and it is unlikely we are ever gonna meet again. Fortunately, not everyone is leaving, and I still have one Singaporean gal pal here who loves Four Seasons' roast duck as much as me.



So many goodbyes in one day...

No comments: