Tuesday, June 3

There is no going back. I believe that by watching The Matrix Reloaded, I have indeed taken the red pill, because I can't get the dem movie out of my head. Now is the time to stop reading if you have yet to watch the sequel. If you haven't even seen the original, what can I say but where the heck have you been?

Sometimes, I think oblivion can be bliss. Then I won't have to think about boning up on my Baudrillard or wonder about how deep the rabbit hole is or, indeed, ponder over the very fact of my existence.

But not to worry, I'm not about to go into some pseudo-philopsophical mode and start talking intellectual. I'm not smart [or pretentious] enough. Besides, there are plenty of people like that here who have wasted a lot of their time over-analysing every frame. They have also wasted a lot of my time by sucking me in to read about how Neo is an anagram of the word "One" and the significance of Neo being the sixth One.

However, I am still far from being enlightened. Like, what is it about the spoon that bends? Or rather, and I quote the movie here, "it is not the spoon that bends, it is you". Zann does not understand Zen.

Having said all that, it must sound like I really lurved the movie. On the contrary, actually. It had a lot of style, tried to have some substance, but ultimately, had no soul. And the sex wasn't that steamy either, so I dunno why the censors thought they had to protect us innocent Singaporeans.

No comments: