Monday, June 9

Besides battling a flu virus for the past few days, I’ve also been fighting with a computer bug. Mostly, it is my own stupidity and carelessness, for both the flu and the computer glitch, but the end result is, I’ve to survive on 12 minutes of internet per day until Wednesday.

My research has been severely hampered by lack of net access, I’m too weak to trudge to college to use the lab, so I’ve just been lounging in bed all day. Ah, the great procrastinator strikes again.

Going cold turkey hasn’t been easy, seeing how addicted I am to this huge time-sucking machine known as the internet. It was after begging and pleading and much sweet talking to the ISP guy that I managed to squeeze one precious extra hour from him. This so reminds me of the bad old days, when a 14.4 kbs modem was considered state-of-the-art, 30 minutes of surfing was considered a lot, and you had to dial for like 100 times before getting connected.

It is only when something is gone that you truly appreciate it. Gosh, I never thought I’d use that cliche to describe how I feel about the internet. Now I sound like a total nrrd grrl, don’t I?

No comments: