Friday, June 20

Today is sort of the last day of school, since we have to submit our portfolios tomorrow. Classes are all over -- woohoo! -- and we just have to work on our final essays on our own.

The college is a hive of activities, and there are all kinds of weird art going on, since Goldsmiths is known as the place which spawned Damien Hirst's formaldehyde cows and sheep.

These so-called art installations -- which I can easily put together too, even without an artistic bone in my body -- include displays of matchsticks in glass cases, grotesque-looking statues wearing ugly clothes and tacky spray-painted picture frames floating in mid-air.

But I have one which is my favourite:


The giant cone resting on top of an ice-cream van has tinkling music emitting from it from time to time. I have no idea what it all means, though it makes me long to lick something cold.

No comments: