Sunday, September 19

elf work

Totally worn out by elf work.

Woke up bright and early this morning to do some last-minute sewing of satin sashes to sell at the flea market in the afternoon.

Then it was frantic unpacking of soft toys from storage in my mum's vintage suitcases -- from her honeymoon -- for use as display in our stall.

The whole afternoon was spent in a smoke-filled environment, squinting to fight against the dry eyes, and squatting on a stool that was too low for comfort. Sales was not bad, but not a single of my sashes were sold. Demmit, I could have had at least two more hours of sleep.

Then it was more lugging of suitcases home, and more elf work, this time tallying the accounts and updating the inventory list.

I can't believe the weekend is over -- I say that every Sunday -- and I have to go back to my normal job.

It's tiring being an elf.

food diary
bak chor mee
two cups of homemade barley
one Cloret
one hotdog
one Bellini
bak kut teh
one chunk of chocolate

No comments: